Dr. John Backes is a Senior Research Scientist at Rockwell Collins’ Advanced Technology Center. His primary focus is developing analysis tools for the Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL). He is the principle developer of AGREE, a compositional verification tool for AADL models. Dr. Backes has worked on programs funded by DARPA, AFRL, NRL, and NASA. His research interests include SMT-Solving, Model Checking, and Logic Synthesis. Before joining Rockwell Collins he held positions at Adventium Labs and the NASA Ames Research Center. Dr. Backes earned his Bachelor of Computer Engineering in 2009 and his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering in 2013, both from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Minnesota. His thesis was funded by the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, a prestigious award that is given to the university’s most accomplished Ph.D. candidates.
- Video: HACMS – Cybersecurity for Military and Commercial Aircraft
- Video: High-Assurance Cyber Military Systems (HACMS)
- From Design Contracts to Component Requirements Verification
- On Implementing Real-time Specification Patterns Using Observers
- Towards Realizability Checking of Contracts using Theories
- Requirements Analysis of a Quad-Redundant Flight Control System